Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fine, You Can Have Him


Heres a comical column from the sports metropolis of Oakland, CA. Being from Chicago and a Cubs fan, I really would like to go line for line on how off this moron is. I'll save you the novel and give you the highlights. It's almost as if hes in Seinfeld's Bizzaro World and the opposite of everything he says is the truth.

"Good luck with the Cubbies, Lou Piniella, if you're the next fall guy. "

Ken Macha won a division and a playoff series...Dusty Baker finished last in the pathetic national league...need I say more?


"Discussing leaders of men in baseball, you can put Baker right in there with Jim Leyland, Joe Torre and Bobby Cox "

wow, anything being short of retarded should give the answer here...if I need to look the stats up for you please have someone tighten your straight-jacket and stay far far away


"Baker led the Cubs into the 2003 National League Championship Series. If not for the infamous Steve Bartman, the Cubs might have beaten Florida."

Right before watching my 21 year old frat boy friends turn into crying little girls, I watched that game...and (a little know fact actually was a game) seven that did not feature Bartman. What about over pitching Prior? Where were you to rally the troops? I dont want to cry myself to sleep so I'm not going to touch this subject.

"If Beane makes Baker the A's first African-American manager, this will boost attendance among black baseball fans"

sure...



"If Beane hires Baker, maybe Barry Zito would take a few million less to play for this thoughtful man, who brings food to his players."

Yeah and maybe Hudson and Moulder will reattach thier arms and come back to play for Dusty. I know I would go stay Oakland to have some holy water sprinkled on me.


Well my head hurts just thinking about what we had to deal with the past four years. Maybe Billy Beane doesn't like his bases clogged.

Anyways, Oakland I truely hope you come to your sense but good luck...look on the bright side, Neifi Perez will soon be ther to add 5 walks in 300ABs to help keep you bases unclogged.









Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain as a fellow displaced Cub fan. Nice post and congrats on being linked to by Deadspin. How did you "manage" (pun intended)that, do tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home