Monday, October 23, 2006

The Cubs Will Curse Your Team


I hate ESPN writers as much as the next underground sports blogist, but they may have stumbled upon something here. Bill Bucker was famous for his groundball blunder, but people forget he was a pretty good Cub. Over these last couple of years as The Red Sox and White Sox have won World Series, I started to believe that maybe this whole curse thing is just a hoax.

Well thanks to one of my White Sox-loving friends, I know now the Cubs are not only doomed, but may trick you into thinking that your team is also condemned to eternal losing. Did the Billy Goat make Bill wear the Cubs batting glove? Well, probably not but he'll fuck your team if you even think about bringing Cubs memorabilia near a World Series.

I don’t want to give ESPN too much credit, after all it was a 12 year old that mad this observation.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger iuubob said...

Is that legit or ust photosopped? Billy Buck wasavery good Cub, my recollection was that he batted over 300 for hisCub career. I think he also was Rookie of the Year for the Dodgers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home